BE- Mechanical, MTech- Industrial Engineering and Operation Research, PhD- Mechanical Engineering, Master of Business Administration
Area Of Interest
Manufacturing Engineering, Quality Management, Industrial Engineering
- Ph. D.- Mechanical Engineering, Bhavnagar University, Bhavnagar, 2008
- MBA (Operations), IGNOU, New Delhi
- M. Tech.- Industrial Engineering & Operations Research, IIT Bombay, 1999
- B.E. Mechanical- S.S. Engineering College, Bhavnagar University, Bhavnagar, 1987
- Junior Engineer at Alcock Ashdown & Co. Ltd, Bhavnagar during 31-12-87 to 17-12-89.
- Junior Technical Asst. at CSMCRI, Bhavnagar during 18-12-89 to 04- 02- 94.
- Lecturer- Fabrication Technology at Sir. BPTI, Bhavnagar during 05-02-94 to 27-02-95.
- Lecturer- Production Engineering at S.S. Engineering College, Bhavnagar during 28-02- 95 to 28-01- 2004.
- Asst. Prof. –Production Engineering at L.E. College, Morbi during 29-01-2004 to 31-05-2007.
- Asso. Prof. –Production Engineering at S.S. Engineering College, Bhavnagar during 01-06-2007 to 18-10-2013.
- Professor of Production Engineering at S.S. Engineering College, Bhavnagar during 19-10-2013 to 17-10-2014.
- Principal at S.S. Engineering College, Bhavnagar from 18-10-2014 to continue
Training and Workshop
- Orientation Training for Teaching Pedagogy, TTTI, Bhopal, 12-04-94 to 06-05-94
- Industrial Training, L & T, Hazira, 16-05-94 to 11-06-94
- Institute Industry Symbiosis, MS Uni, Vadodara, 26-05-97 to 01-06-97
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management, School Of Management, IIT-Bombay, 17-5-99 to 22-5-99
- Mgmt of Manufacturing Enterprises, Mechanical Engineering Department, IIT-Bombay, 24-5-99 to 29-5-99
- Pumping System: Selection Performance testing and Advances, SGSITS, Indore, 29-11-99 to 11-12-99
- Advances in Manufacturing, MS UNi, Vadodara, 13-12-99 to 25-12-99
- Integrated Materials Mgmt., MDI, Gurgaon, 21-3-2000 to 25-03
- Programming in C & C++, S.S.Engg. College, Bhavnagar, 15-5-2000 to 26-05-00
- Optimum Utilization of Internet, S.S. Engg. College, Bhavnagar, 3-7-2000 to 15 -07-00
- Operations management, MDI, Gurgaon, 25-9-2000 to 29-09-00
- Recent trends in Industrial Automation & Conmtrol, S.S. Engg. College, Bhavnagar, 25-6-2000 to 07-07-00
- E-Commerce: Planning & Implementation, MDI, Gurgaon, 26-2-2001 to 02-03-01
- Supply Chain Management, MDI, Gurgaon, 6-8-2001 to 10-08-2001
- Application of Artificial Intelligence, L.D.College of Engg., Ahmedabad, 30-9-2002 to 11-10-02
- Faculty Development Program In Entrepreneurship, EDI, Bhat, Ahmedabad, 23-12-2002 to 03-01-03
- ISO:9001:2000, TTTI, Bhopal, 15-3-2004 to 19-03-04
- Office Procedure and Management, SPIPA, Ahmedabad, 27-10-2005 to 29-10-05
- Government Purchase Procedure and Stores, SPIPA, Ahmedabad, 27-12-2007 to 29-12-07
- Judiciary Courts and Court Procedure & Handling Litigation, SPIPA, Ahmedabad, 06-01-16 to 08-01-16
- Office Administration, SPIPA, Ahmedabad, 02-02-16 to 06-02-16
In International Journals
- “A reference framework for selection of Automated Guided Vehicle System using Fuzzy MADM Techniques”; International Journal of Emerging Technologies and Applications in Engineering Technology and Science; (IJ-ETA-ETS: ISSN: 0974-3588) Vol.2, Issue 2, Page 82 -87, July-December 2009
- “A Selection of
material using a novel type decision-making method: Preference selection index
method”; Materials & Design (International Journal), Vol.31, Issue 4, Page
1785-1789, 2010, Elsevier Publications.
- “Multi attribute
evaluation of Water Jet Weaving Machine using Analytical Hierarchy Process”, Journal of Textile and Apparel Management,
Vol.6, Issue 4, Fall 2010. Page no.1-10.
- A multi-attribute selection of automated guided vehicle using the
AHP/M-GRA technique”, International Journal of Production Research, (ISSN 0020–7543
print/ISSN 1366–588X online). First published on: 18 January
2011 (iFirst), 2011. Taylor & Francis, URL: ttp://dx.doi.org/10.1080/00207543.2010.518988
alternative multiple attribute decision making methodology for solving optimal
facility layout design selection problems; Computers
& Industrial Engineering (2011), Vol. 61, Issue 3 , Page no.
542-549. (ISSN:0360-8352), Elsevier Publication.
- An Integrated Multi Attribute Decision Making Methodology for Selection of
Industrial Robot” Journal of Manufacturing Engineering, (ISSN: 0973-6867), Vol.
6 , Issue 2 , Page no. 86-92.
Accepted for Publication
- “The selection of flexible
manufacturing system using preference selection index method”, International Journal of Industrial and Systems Engineering, (ISSN: 1748-5045(Online) and ISSN: 1748-5037 (Print)). Article accepted for publication. InderScience Publication.
In International Conferences
- “Preparing Small and Medium Sized Enterprises for Lean Manufacturing:
The Need of The Day”; International Conference on E-Manufacturing: An Emerging
Need for 21st Century World Class Enterprises, Bhopal, November 2002
- “Scheduling Of Suburban Railway Services: A Case Study”; International
Conference on Operations Research For Development; Organized By Operational
Research Society Of India; Chennai; December 2002
- “Popularizing Operations Research In Small And Medium Scale Enterprises:
Some Propositions”; International Conference on Operations Research For
Development; Organized By Operational Research Society Of India; Chennai;
- “Constraint Logic Programming for the Timetabling of Commuter Rail
Services”; APORS 2003, New Delhi
- “Identification of Linkages for Implementation of Japanese
Management Systems in Indian Industries”, at The 3rd IEEE International Conference on Management of Innovation and
Technology (ICMIT 2006), Singapore, June 2006
- “A Framework for
Improving Competitiveness of Manufacturing Industries through Productivity
& Quality Improvement Methods”, at Global Conference on Production and
Industrial Engineering- CPIE-2007, Jalandhar, March 2007
Ethics in Technical Education: The TQM Approach”, International Conference on
Quality Management Practices (ICQMP 2007); Mumbai; August 2007
- “A selection of Flexible Manufacturing System
using Grey Relational Analysis with Integrated Weigh”, Proc. of the 3rd
International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering, January 4-6,
2010, SVNIT, Surat – 395 007, India, Page 633-637
- “A selection of Automated Guided Vehicles
using Grey relational analysis model for material handling” International
Conference on Advances in Industrial Engineering Applications, ICAIEA2010,
January 4-6, 2010; Anna University, Chennai.
- A selection of Flexible Manufacturing System
using Grey Relational Analysis with Integrated Weight”, Proc. of the 5th
International Conference on Advances in Mechanical Engineering, June 6 - 8,
2011, S. V. National Institute of Technology, Surat – 395 007, Gujarat, India,
Page no 601-605.
- “A multi criteria selection of gear material
using analytical hierarchy process method”, International Conference on Advances in Materials and
Manufacturing Technology (AMMT 2011), July 15-16, 2011, Department of
Mechanical Engineering, Chitkara University, Punjab. Pg. No. 114-119,(ISBN
- “A selection of Automated Guided Vehicle using COmplex
PRoportional ASsessment (COPRAS) method”, Proc. of the 1st
International Conference on Industrial Engineering, November 17-19, 2011 , S.V.
National Institute of Technology, Surat – 395 007, Gujarat, India.
fresh review of Lean Manufacturing techniques as a tool to improve
competitiveness of Automobile Industries”; Proceedings of 1st
International Conference on Emerging Trends in Mechanical engineering, January
4-5, 2013; GHCET, VVNagar, Gujarat, India (ISBN: 978-1-61233-6244).
- “Identification of
Problems and Prospects of Supply Chains for Capital & Industrial Goods
Manufacturing Industry ( C & I GM) -A Review”; International Conference on
"Managing Supply Chain for Global Competitiveness" on 25-26th October
2013, Nagpur, India
In National Conferences
- “Manufacturing: Undergoing Revitalization for Supporting Supply Chain”,
17th National Convention of Mechanical Engineers, Institution of
Engineers, Indore, November 2001
- “Energy Saving Potential in Compressed Air System”, 17th
National Convention of Mechanical Engineers, Institution of Engineers, Indore,
Improvement through Energy Saving in Investment Foundry for Competitive
Advantage”, National Conference on Energy Monitoring, Perundurai, January 2002
- “Energy Saving
Potential in Hotel Industry”, National Conference on Energy Monitoring,
Perundurai, January 2002
- “Supply Chain Management through Linear Programming- A Case Study”; 44th
National Convention, Indian Institution of Industrial Engineering; Mumbai,
- “Agile and Lean Manufacturing – Recent Trends Finding Roots in Japanese
Concepts”; 20th All India Manufacturing Technology Design &
Research Conference; BIT-Mesra, Ranchi, December 2002
- “Implementing e-Manufacturing in SMEs: Problems and Prospects”; 18th National Convention of Production Engineers, Institution
of Engineers; Jabalpur, December 2003
- “Just-In-Time (JIT) Implementation in Small Manufacturing Enterprises:
Problems and Prospects”; 2nd National Conference on Computer
Integrated Manufacturing; Coimbatore, November 2004
- “A selection of Flexible Manufacturing System using
integrated AHP/COPRAS model”, National Conference on Recent advances in Manufacturing (RAM-2010),
(ISBN: 978-93-80697-05-5, Excel India publisher), 19-21 July, 2010,Department
of Mechanical Engineering, S. V. National Institute of Technology,
Surat – 395 007, Gujarat, India, Page no. 162-168.
- “Application of Grey relational analysis
method for selection of Bearing material ”, National Conference on Recent advances in Manufacturing
(RAM-2010), (ISBN:), Sep-2011, Department of Mechanical Engineering, S.
V. National Institute of Technology, Surat – 395 007, Gujarat, India
- “A use of Grey relational analysis method for
evaluation of the Electric Arc Welding strength” 20-21, Jan-2012, TFMS-2012,
Pg. No: 437-441, National conference organized by C. K. Pithawalla college of
Engineering & Technology, Surat, Gujarat, India. (Published in Proceeding
ISBN: 978-81-8487-202-6, Narosa Publishing House).
Papers Submitted for Publication
- “Investigating the implementation aspects of lean
manufacturing practices as improvement initiative through analysis of published
case studies” National
Conference on Thermal, Fluid and Manufacturing Science; January 24 – 25, 2014, Surat,
from pragmatic studies of implementing lean manufacturing practices and its
effects in manufacturing organizations”; International Conference on Research
and Scientific Innovation ICRSI- 2013; AMA, 22nd December, 2013,
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Manufacturing Processes-I, (ISBN: 978-93-
80667-08), Books India Publications Ahmedabad.
Professional Institution Memberships
- MIE - Member of Institution of Engineers (India), Calcutta. Membership No.: M/128575/5
- Indian Society of Technical Education (ISTE) New Delhi. Life Membership No. LM-23557
- Ahmedabad Management Association, Ahmedabad. Life Membership No.: LM-1469