PhD (Computer Engineering)
Area Of Interest
Cloud Computing, Virtualization, Network Security
- PhD in Computer Engineering from Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT), Surat, Gujarat, India. (2011-2016)
- MTech in Computer Engineering from Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology (SVNIT), Surat, Gujarat, India. (2008-2010)
- BE in Information Technology from Government Engineering College, Modasa, Gujarat, India. (2004-2007)
- Diploma in Information Technology from Amrutlal Virpal Parekh Technical Institute (AVPTI), Rajkot, Gujarat, India. (2001-2004)
- Working as Assistant Professor at Information Technology Department, Shantilal Shah Engineering College, Bhavnagar (Since Sept 2016).
- Worked as Visiting Faculty at Computer Engineering Department, Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat (Feb 2016-Sept 2016).
- Worked as Lecturer on Contract at Computer Engineering Department, Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat (Sept 2011-July 2014).
- Worked as Teaching Assistant at Computer Engineering Department, Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat (Feb 2011-July 2011).
- Worked as full time visiting lecturer at Shashtri Swami Shri Dharmjivandasji Institute of Information Technology, Junagadh (July, 2007-Nov, 2007).
Skills and Knowledge
- Tools and Technologies:
- Interpersonal Skills:
- Language Skills:
- English (Speak/Read/Write)
- Hindi (Speak/Read/Write)
- Gujarati (Speak/Read/Write)
- Courses taught at under graduate level (B.E. Information Technology) :
- Data Structure
- Computer Networks
- Python Programming
- Information and Network Security
- Computer Programming and Utilization
- Courses taught at post graduate level (M.E. Information Technology) :
- One Week STTP on "Technology Vision : A Journey to Research for Electrical and Allied Branches of Engineering" at Shantilal Shah Engineering College, Bhavnagar during 3-Oct-2016 to 7-Oct-2016.
- One Week QIP sponsored STTP on "Advances in Big Data Analytics" at Computer Engineering Department, Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat during 12-Dec-2016 to 16-Dec-2016.
- One Week STTP on "Recent Trends and Advancement in ICT" at Information Technology Department, Shantilal Shah Engineering College, Bhavnagar during 14-Feb-2017 to 18-Feb-2017.
- Two Week (Equivalent to One Week) Online Training Program (VC based) on "Recent Trends in Computer and Information Technology" organized by Directorate of Technical Education, Gandhinagar during 02-Apr-2018 to 12-Apr-2018.
- Two Week Training on "Induction Phase - I" at National Institute of Technical Teachers' Training and Research, Bhopal during 25-Feb-2019 to 08-Mar-2019.
- One Week Faculty Development Program on "Blockchain Technology" at Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai during 30-Sep-2019 to 04-Oct-2019.
- NPTEL MooC on "Accreditation and Outcome Based Learning" during 26-Aug-2019 to 18-Oct-2019.
- IITBombayX MooC on "LaTeX for Students, Engineers, and Scientists" during 24-Sep-2019 to 02-Dec-2019.
- Participated in ISEA IEEE Asia Security and Privacy Conference 2017 held at Computer Engineering Department, Sardar Vallabhbhai National Institute of Technology, Surat during 29-Jan-2017 to 1-Feb-2017.
- Institute Level
- Institute Website Coordinator
- Account Section - Online Fees Collection
- Online exam conduction committee coordinator
- Team member in institute CCTV operation committee
- Department Level
- Department Student Placement
- Staff and Student Research Activities
- Department Library
- Guided 2 Post Graduate Students in their Research Work.
- Currently One Post Graduate Students are doing Research under my Guidance.
- Chirag Modi, Dhiren Patel, Bhavesh Borisaniya, Hiren Patel, Avi Patel, Muttukrishnan Rajarajan, "A survey of intrusion detection techniques in cloud," Journal of Network and Computer Applications, Elsevier, January 2013, vol. 36, no. 1, pp. 42-57.
- Chirag Modi, Dhiren Patel, Bhavesh Borisaniya, Avi Patel and Muttukrishnan Rajarajan, “A survey on security issues and solutions at different layers of Cloud computing,” The Journal of Supercomputing, Springer US, Feb 2013, vol. 63, no. 2, pp. 561-592.
- Bhavesh Borisaniya and Dhiren Patel, “Evaluation of Modifed Vector Space Representation Using ADFA-LD and ADFA-WD Datasets,” Journal of Information Security, Scientific Research Publishing, USA, Jul 2015, vol. 6, no. 03, pp. 250-264.
- Dinesh Singh, Dhiren Patel, Bhavesh Borisaniya and Chirag Modi, "Collaborative IDS Framework for Cloud," International Journal of Network Security, July 2016, vol. 18, no. 4, pp. 699-709.
- Bhavesh Borisaniya and Dhiren Patel, “Towards Virtual Machine Introspection based Security Framework for Cloud,” Sadhana, Springer, Jan 2019, vol. 44, no. 02.
- Bhavesh Borisaniya, Avi Patel, Reema Patel, Dhiren Patel, "Network-based Intrusion Detection in Eucalyptus Private Cloud," in Proceedings of the 2010 International Conference on Advances in Communication, Network, and Computing (CNC 2010), Oct. 2010, pp. 1-4.
- Reema Patel, Bhavesh Borisaniya, Avi Patel, Dhiren R Patel, Muttukrishnan Rajarajan, Andrea Zisman, "Comparative Analysis of Formal Model Checking Tools for Security Protocol Verification," Third International Conference on Network Security and Applications (CNSA), Springer, July 2010, pp. 152-163.
- Hiren Patel, Dhiren Patel, Bhavesh Borisaniya, Avi Patel, "Data Storage Security Model for Cloud Computing," in Proceedings International Conference on Advances in Communication, Network, and Computing (CNC 2012), Springer, Feb 2012, pp. 37-45.
- Bhavesh Borisaniya, Avi Patel, Dhiren Patel, and Hiren Patel, "Incorporating Honeypot for Intrusion Detection in Cloud Infrastructure," in Proceedings of 6th IFIP WG 11.11 International Conference on Trust Management (IFIPTM 2012), ser. IFIP Advances in Information and Communication Technology, vol. 374. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, May 2012, pp. 84-96.
- Chirag Modi, Dhiren Patel, Bhavesh Borisanya, Avi Patel, Muttukrishnan Rajarajan, "A novel framework for intrusion detection in cloud," in Proceedings of the Fifth International Conference on Security of Information and Networks (SIN 2012), ACM, Oct 2012, pp. 67-74.
- Bhavesh Borisaniya and Dhiren Patel, “Evasion Resistant Intrusion Detection Framework at Hypervisor Layer in Cloud,” in Fifth International Conference on Advances in Communication, Network and Computing (CNC 2014), Elsevier Science and Technology, Feb 2014, pp. 748-756.
- Bhavesh Borisaniya, Kevin Patel, Dhiren Patel, “Evaluation of Applicability of Modified Vector Space Representation for Malicious Activity Detection” in The 11th Annual IEEE India Conference (INDICON 2014), IEEE, Dec 2014, pp. 1-6.
At Graduate Level guided more than 10 group of students in their Project work.
Professional Institution Memberships
- Life Membership of Indian Society of Technical Education
- Life Membership of Computer Society of India
Expert Lectures Delivered
- Delivered a lecture on 'Virtualization for Security' in Five Day Faculty Development Program on Cyber Security organized by GTU PG research center for cyber security and SVNIT, Surat under ISEA Phase-II Project at GTU, Chandkheda during 8th Oct. to 12th Oct. 2016 .
- Delivered a lecture on 'Introduction to Apache Spark' in QIP Short Term Course in Advances in Big Data Analytics organized by Computer Engineering Department, SVNIT, Surat during 12th Dec. to 16th Dec. 2016.