PhD(Pursuing), M.E. (Electrical), B.E.(Electrical)
Area Of Interest
Power system Security, Power system Protection, Application of Artificial Intelligence in the power system
B.E. - Electrical Engineering- Atmiya Institute of Technology and Science- Rajkot - Saurashtra University- 2007.
M.E. - Electrical Engineering- L.D. College of Engineering- Ahmedabad - Gujarat University- 2010.
- Worked as an Assistant Professor, Electrical Department, Om Shanti Engineering College, Rajkot From 01/06/2010 to 02/06/2011.
- Worked as an Assistant Professor, Electrical Department, B.H. Gardi College of Technology and Science, Rajkot From 03/06/2011 to 24/01/2012.
- Worked as an Assistant Professor, Electrical Department, VVP Engineering College, Rajkot From 25/01/2012 to 30/09/2012.
- Worked as a Lecturer, Electrical Department, Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University, Gandhinagar From 31/10/2012 to 25/01/2018.
- Working as an Assistant Professor, Electrical Department, Shantilal Shah Engineering College, Bhavnagar From 07/05/2018 to till Date
- Working as GET, Power plant, Project and Commissioning, Saurashtra Cement, Ranavav From 08/07/2007 to 01/06/2008.
Skills and Knowledge
- Laboratory In charge of High Voltage Engineering lab and Modelling and Simulation lab
- Preparation of departmental time table
- Procurement of laboratory equipment
- Knowledge of software like MATLAB, Mipower, PSCAD and E tap.
- Elements of Electrical Engineering.
- Electrical Machine-I.
- Electrical Machine-II.
- Circuit and Networks
- Electrical Power System-I.
- Electrical Power System-II.
- High Voltage Engineering.
- Switchgear and Protection.
- Interconnected Power System.
- Power System Design and Practice.
- Computer Techniques in the Power System.
Training and workshop
- Attended Mission10X workshop at Marwadi Education Foundation's Group of Institutions, Rajkot from 27th June to 1st July 2011.
- Attended one week short term training program on "Advanced Engineering Optimization Through Intelligent Techniques" conducted at SVNIT Surat during 7-11 January 2013.
- Attended one week short term training program on “Simulation and modelling in power system engineering”, held at SVNIT, Surat from 28 Dec 2015 to 1 Jan 2016.
- Attended one week short term course on “ Hands On Experience on MATLAB”, held at NITTTR, Chandigarh from 14tth September 2015 to 18th September 2015.
- Duties assigned by Administrative Officer
- Maintaining departmental website, Submit details of departmental events, achievements etc. for newsletter
- Assisting Electrical Maintenance activity
- NBA point No. 07
- Development of HV lab
- Design Engineering for third year
- Dhandhia, Astik, Vivek Pandya, and Siddharth Joshi. "STATIC SECURITY ASSESSMENT USING BINARY-CLASS SUPPORT VECTOR MACHINE." , Journal of Energy Management, pp 19-27, 2017.
- Siddharth, Joshi, Pandya Vivek, and Dhandhia Astik. "SIMULATION ON MPPT BASED SOLAR PV STANDALONE SYSTEM." Journal of Energy Management, pp 35-42, 2017.
- Dwivedi, M., Dhandhia, A., & Pandya, V. (2017, December). Optimization of weighting factors of performance index to improve contingency ranking. In 2017 7th International Conference on Power Systems (ICPS) (pp. 319-322). IEEE.
Professional Institute Membership