1. Address: Dr. Rajesh Kumar Jain
Professor and Head
Department of Civil Engineering
Shantilal Shah Engineering College Bhavnagar, Gujarat 364060
Ph. 91-9428465778 (M),7990024123 (M)
Residential Address A-303, Sparsh flats
Near Dev-shrushti Bunglows-II
2. Date of birth: 14-07-1970
3. Age 47 years
4. Research Interest: River Engineering and Hydrology
Papers in referred journals
1. Kothyari, U. C. and Jain, R. K.
(2008), Influence of Cohesion on
2. R.K. Jain, and U.C. Kothyari (2009), Cohesion Influences on Erosion and Bed Load Transport, Water
Jain, and U.C. Kothyari (2010), Influence
of cohesion on suspended load transport of non-uniform
sediments, Journal of Hydraulic Research, IAHR, Vol. 48 (1), 33-43. ISSN
4. Kothyari, U. C. and Jain, R. K.
5. Kothyari, U. C. and Jain, R. K. (2011), Characteristics and behavior of cohesive sediment, Journal of applied hydrology, Indian Association of Hydrologists (Special issue).
6. Kothyari, U.
C., Kumar, A., and Jain, R. K., (2014).
Influence of cohesion on river bed
scour in wake region of piers, Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 140(1), 1-13
7. Ankit Chakravarti, R.K. Jain and U.C. Kothyari
(2013). Scour under submerged
circular vertical jet in cohesionless sediments, Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ISH, doi.org/10.1080/09715010.2013.835101
8. Rajesh K jain, Ashish Kumar and U.C. Kothyari (2015). Turbulence statistics of flow through degraded
channel bed of sand-gravel mixture,
Journal of Hydro-environment research, in Press available on line March
9. A. S. Lodhi, R.K.Jain and P.K.Sharma (2015). Influence
of cohesion on scour around submerged dike founded in clay–sand–gravel
mixtures, Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, ISH, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/09715010.2015.107591.
Papers published in International
1. Kothyari, U.
C. and Jain, R. K. (2006), Detachment of clay-gravel mixtures by
Jain, and U.C. Kothyari (2008), Detachment and transport of
clay-sand-gravel mixtures by channel flow, Proceedings of RIVERFLOW-08,
3. R.K. Jain, and U.C. Kothyari (2008), Influence of cohesion on bed
load transport of sand and gravel from detachment with bimodal sediment, Proceedings of 8th ICHE
conference, 8-12 Sept,
4. R.K. Jain, and U.C. Kothyari (2009), Effect of cohesion on detachment of clay-sand- gravel mixtures, Proceedings of WEES-2009, NIH-Roorkee, 11-15 Jan 2009.
5. R.K. Jain, and U.C. Kothyari (2009), Flow
characteristics in degraded bed profile of clay-gravel mixtures, Proceedings
of 33rd IAHR congress,
6. R.K. Jain, and U.C. Kothyari (2010), Modeling of degradation in cohesive bed channels, Proceedings of 17th IAHR-ADP congress, Auckland, New-zealand,
7. Kothyari, U. C. and Jain, R. K. (2010), Erosion
Characteristics of Cohesive Sediment Mixtures, Proceedings of RIVERFLOW-10, 8-10 Sept, Braunschweig,
8. Kumar, A., Jain, R. K. and Kothyari, U. C. (2011). Flow characteristics in wake zone of a pier founded in clay-sand-gravel mixture. Proceedings of 34rd IAHR congress 34th IAHR, Brisbane, Australia 26th June to 1st July 2011.
9. Jain, R. K. and Kothyari, U. C., Kumar
A. (2012). Characteristics of pier scot in cohesive sediments, Proceedings
of RIVERFLOW-12, C.6/5, October 5-8, San
Jose, Costa Rica.
10. A. S. Lodhi, P. K. Sharma, R. K. Jain and
Nilav Karna (2013). Time dependent scour around spur dikes in gravel and
sand-gravel bed. Proceedings of HYDRO-International, IIT-Madras, Chennai 4-6
11. Ankit Chakravarti, Z. Ahmad and R.K.Jain (2013)
scour under submerged turbulent water jets. Proceedings of
HYDRO-International, IIT-Madras, Chennai 4-6 Dec, 737-744.
12. Akash dodiya and R.K.Jain (2017) scour
around piers in non-uniform sediment. Proceedings of
HYDRO-International, LDCE, Ahmedabad, 20-22 Dec
13. Abhishek vekariya and R.K.Jain (2017) degradation
in non-uniform sediment. Proceedings of HYDRO-International, LDCE, Ahmedabad, 20-22 Dec
14. Ajay S. loshi and R.K.Jain (2017) Influence
of cohesion in scour around spur dike. Proceedings of
HYDRO-International, LDCE, Ahmedabad, 20-22 Dec
Papers published in National Conferences
1. R.K. Jain, and U.C. Kothyari (2005),
Detachment of clay-gravel mixtures, Proceedings of HYDRO-2005, SIT, Tumkur, 8-9 Dec,
2. R.K. Jain, and U.C. Kothyari (2007), Numerical modeling of
aggradation and degradation in alluvial channel, Proceedings of
NIT, Surat, 21-22 Dec, 2007, 417-427.
3. R.K. Jain, and Meghal Raval (2008), Mathematical modeling of
channel aggradation, Proceedings of
IMATES-08, VV Nagar,
Jain, and U.C. Kothyari (2008), Flow characteristics in degraded bed
profile of sand-gravel mixture, Proceedings of HYDRO-2008, MNIT, Jaipur, 15-16 Dec,
5. R.K. Jain, and U.C. Kothyari (2009), Characteristics and behavior of cohesive sediment, Proceedings of RAHWRDM, WREMI, Baroda, 21-22 Jan,2009.
6. R.K. Jain, and Verma Shruti (2009),
Numerical modeling of bed level variations in alluvial channel, Proceedings of HYDRO-2009, CWPRS, Pune, 17-18 Dec, 2009, 148-155.
7. R.K. Jain, and U.C. Kothyari (2011),
Numerical modeling of channel degradation in cohesive sediment beds. Proceedings of HYDRO-2011, NIT, Surat, 29-30 Dec, 2011.
8. Kumar, A., Jain, R. K. and Kothyari, U. C. (2011),
Flow characteristics at pier in scoured bed of clay-gravel sediment. Proceedings of HYDRO-2011, NIT, Surat, 29-30 Dec, 2011.
9. A. Chakravarti, Jain, R. K. and Kothyari, U. C. (2012),
Scour under submerged circular vertical jets in cohesionless sediments. Proceedings of HYDRO-2012, IIT, Bombay, 7-8 Dec, 2012
10. A. Chakravarti, Jain, R. K. and Kothyari, U. C. (2013),
Experimental investigation on scour pattern under submerged water jets.
Proceedings of 2nd international conference at TMU, Moradabad, UP,
India, April 12-13, 2013
Hydraulics and River engineering
Fluid Mechanics, Elements of civil Engineering, Applied Fluid mechanics, Hydrology, Irrigation engineering, Fluvial hydraulics
AICTE Co-ordinator, Liaison with R&B department for civil works
Member of Indian society of technical education
various numbers of students have been guided during the semesters
on the topics of fluvial hydraulics and mathematical modelling
|1||Oreintation Program for teachers of Engg. college||LDCE, Ahmedabad||3-Jul-1995||22-Jul-1995|
|2||Ground water assesemnet and modelling||IIT, Delhi||13-07-1998||17-07-1998|
|3||Sevices in modern buildings||Nirma institute of Technology, Ahmedabad||6/12/1999||18/12/1999|
|4||Internet and its application||LDCE, Ahmedabad||26-12-1999||31-12-1999|
|5||Application of professional software in structural engineering||LDCE, Ahmedabad||5-Jun-2000||10-Jun-2000|
|6||Mitigating natural and Antropogenic Disaster||BVM ,Vidyanagar||13/05/2002||25/05/2002|
|7||Air pollution and its control||IIT, Kanpur||11-Nov-2002||15-Nov-2002|
|8||Environmental Friendly transportation||DDIT, Nadiad||9-Dec-2002||22-Dec-2002|
|9||Advanced computational Techniques||LDCE, Ahmedabad||1-Dec-2003||12-Dec-2003|
|10||Application of GIS,Remote sensing, GPS in Civil Engineering||LDCE, Ahmedabad||11-Nov-2003||15-Nov-2003|
|11||GPS hands on training||Nirma institute of Technology, Ahmedabad||13-06-11||17-06-11|
|12||Hydraulic and hydrologic modelling: Concepts and application||SVNIT, Surat||1-Jul-2013||5-Jul-2013|
|13||Geotechnical invesigation for structural engineering||IIT, Gandhinagar||13-11-2014||15-11-2014|
|14||GIS for civil engineer||IIT, Bombay||1/12/2014||5/12/2014|
|15||Optimization theory Engineering and practice||VGEC, Chandkheda||7/12/2015||19/12/2015|
|16||Hand on training: Microsoft||BISAG, Gandhinagar||18/01/2016||22/01/2016|
|17||Office administration||SPIPA, Ahmedabad||25/01/2016||30/01/2016|
|18||Water resources engineering||IIT, Gandhinagar||20/06/2016||02/07/2016|
G.N. Nawathe award for best paper in HYDRO-2009, Indian Society for Hydraulic Engineering, CWPRS, Pune, India